Tuesday, March 8, 2011

jUsT liKE tHaT...

Last night I was having one of those moments, when everyone couldn't get to bed fast enough, no one wanted to go and I was at the end of my rope. I had asked Payne several times to pick out a movie so we could get in bed. When the nice voice didn't seem to work any more I threatened, if you come out of your room one more time.....a few moments later I  heard someone in the kitchen.  I stormed out of my room demanding to know what he was doing. He said in the saddest voice, getting my OWN chocolate milk since no one else will.... at that moment I realized he made his own milk, no spills, no mess. He started his own movie and got his Jammie's on just like he was asked. 
Just like that my little boy had become a BIG boy!


It's amazing how fast he is growing up!

I am totally giving credit to a "chore" chart that we started a couple of weeks ago to help Payne become a little more independent and earn a little money. He is really into it, we have small tasks that are easy for him to accomplish and he is really proud of himself when he gets to put a star on the chart.  


a side note:
This photo is from Valentines day, Payne wanted to send his cousin Laney a picture of him showing her that he LOVED her, and he does!

 He wears these glasses faithfully. they are not real glassed just borrowed from the 3D movie he had seen that day. He wears them because Laney has glasses too! see he loves her....

No comments:

Post a Comment