Wednesday, July 21, 2010

fiNding baLanCe….

I recently returned to work, I enjoy my new job, the people, etc... but it has been harder than I thought to go BACK.

I loved being home, in a perfect world I would choose to stay home, never before would I have thought that would be something for me. I miss my kids…

When I stayed home, I knew it was a very temporary arrangement… I made a conscious effort to enjoy every moment of it. I didn’t sweat the small stuff. I was in the moment. I learned so much about parenting that I have really missed out on by working. Unfortunately our pocket book didn’t enjoy it as much as I did.

So, going back to work… I leave early(7:30) so that I can be home by 4:30 to enjoy a few hours of daylight with my boys. But after getting up early, working all day, meeting people demands  requests, I feel like am a little less kind to the people that matter most, I have been very short tempered and it finally hit me yesterday.

I need to look at working like I did my short vacation. Everyday is a gift, my family is what matters most, enjoy every minute you have and who cares if dishes didn’t make it to the dishwasher, enjoy what time you have.

I am going to try and find that balance between working and being a great working mom!!!

feb '10 018

Cause I LUV these boys!!!

1 comment: