Monday, February 22, 2010

2/22: "the BEST day ever!!"


These are not my words but the words out of my 11 yr. old mouth as we sat down to dinner at our FavOriTe Chinese restaurant. Yesterday I proposed that Mr. W and I go on a date. The spark in his eye and a giant smile I knew this was something he was excited about. He has been telling me that he wants to go see Percy Jones and the Olympians and I figured sure it seemed like a better choice than the Tooth F*iry.. I think I was right about that too;) So we started off our big date with the Movie, which I thoroughly enjoyed, we decided we are going to read the rest of the books together as well. Then we headed to dinner. He couldn't stop talking about the movie vs. the book, how much he enjoyed it and cool scenes from the show. I just listened and smiled. This boy that wouldn't stop chatting was so different from the boy at my house. He is typically quite and kept to himself. I relished in all of his words. After his bold statement I asked him what makes a great day, he started off with school. They got a whole hour of free computer time today, no 3rd graders at recess today, the movie and last... I get to go to dinner with JUST you! I started to tear up ( I am emotional ok). I feel like since Payne has come along the time I had with him just disappeared and it makes me sad, not to mention I have to share him with his dad. My kids needs are always first and for most but I realize it is not just stuff they need but my time. I have announced that we will have date night every other month with each of our boys and I think everyone is excited. I really got to share a great night with the first loVe of my life! So to him, I would agree this is one of my bEst day's ever as well. I LOVE YOU!!

1 comment:

  1. How sweet. Glad you got to spend such a fun evening with Mr. W. Funny how when I get one of my girls alone they are all chatty too. What a great idea to do the date nights with them.

    ReplyDelete