Thursday, March 4, 2010

a little confidence….

056 

My sweet Wylie comes in this morning wearing a very interesting outfit, not anything I wouldn’t approve of but interesting. I ask him if other kids dress like this and he says sometime and then he said “it doesn’t matter if they did, I like it” I was impressed.  This lead us to another conversation about his size, for a sixth grader his is quite small and he proceeds to tell me that some kids at school call him midget  (my heart sunk). I asked if that made him feel bad? He said no, they  like me for who I am.  I hope that as he enters a world of not so nice kids next year, aka JR HIGH, he caries that attitude with him and he remains confident with his decisions and stays true to himself.

1 comment:

  1. Not looking forward to these days....being a mom is not for whimps.

    ReplyDelete