Monday, June 14, 2010

bitter sweet…

life that is, not chocolate :)

Last Thursday was Payne’s last day of his first year of preschool. Last week was Wylie’s last year of Elementary and my nephew graduated from High School

I seem to be fairly emotional about miles stones that come up in life. My husband, seems to think I am crazy. He can’t wait until everyone can provide for themselves (maybe, I exaggerate?). I, on the other hand look at these moments and wish I could freeze time.

My nephew for instance, he is not my eldest nephew but the first one I remember when his mom was expecting him, I couldn’t wait until he arrived.  I was 14 when he was born, I adored him, I was old enough to help out when he was around, not just be his playmate. I still adore him, he holds a special place in my heart.

6th grade and graduation 026 

Congratulations, another “Digger” in the family :)

Wylie, the first LOVE of my life….

6th grade and graduation 046

(Wylie and his 6th grade teacher)

This kid, he is soooo smart, funny, witty, kind, handsome, unique, confident I could go on… But I have to say, I am so lucky that he is mine!!

and of course Payne,

june 2010 011

(Payne, Lucy his BF and Ms. Traci his teacher)

My baby, he has come full circle this year. He was such a shy guy so when I enrolled him in preschool my only hope was that he would break out of his shell a little and he has. He instantly had a bond with Lucy but as the year progressed he started playing with a few of the other kids and is even playing with new kids in the neighborhood.  I am so proud of him!!

I am so proud of all three and only wish them the best of everything. Now I will wipe my tears and go finish the laundry, LOL!

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I had to wipe my eyes after reading this. Those same milestones in my kids eyes bring tears to my eyes. Yesterday Jose and I went to see Toy Story 3. When Andy and his mom walked into his room after packing everything away it made me cry thinking of my kids all leaving. Why can't they stay little forever? My house is soooo quiet, just me, Jose and the dogs.. and Tori when she decides to come home at night.

    ReplyDelete