Monday, June 7, 2010

go ahead and treat yourself…..

A week or so ago I hosted my mom’s birthday. It was a last minute change of plans so I didn’t have much time to figure out what we were going to have for a cake. I really wanted to splurge and purchase a cake from Nothing BuNdt Cakes but they are pricey!! So I put my trust in the internet and found a recipe and made it myself. I have to say it was SUPER easy and luckily enough I had a bunt pan.

Everyone LOVED it and I would defiantly make it again.

6th grade and graduation 001

you can find the recipe here:

http://www.favfamilyrecipes.com/2008/09/nothing-bundt-chocolate-cake.html 

** a couple of things, first I had everything I needed at home but the mini chocolate chips and didn’t want to go to the store so I just chopped up regular size chocolate chips.  second the frosting recipe makes a TON I would cut the recipe in half.

The other delicious treat I would like to share is NIE NIE’s Oreo's. Since they hit the lips of my young one’s they request them all the time!! These two recipes are very similar and are for chocolate lovers.

may 10 111

http://www.cjaneanswers.com/search/label/recipe

Hope you like them!!

2 comments:

  1. Nicole, I think I maybe just figured out how I ran across your blog. I love NieNie's blog. I wonder if that's where I ran across yours.
    I love those oreo cookies! I forget how you make them though so I am going to look up that recipe you gave us. Your Bundt cake looks delicious!!! It was probably just as good as that Nothing Bundt place. They are pricey!
    Talk to you later......... Keri Elkington

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummy, thanks for sharing the recipe! Now I need a bundt pan.

    ReplyDelete