Wednesday, June 9, 2010

thoughts on being a SAHM

At first I dreamed of all I would accomplish,

I THOUGHT I would…

-have the cleanest house in town

-actually be caught up on my laundry

-get caught up on my scrapbooking

-make more home cooked meals

-eat better

-work on my weight loss/exercising

I THOUGHT I would have all the time in the world…

I THOUGHT, what do these mom’s do all day not to die of boredom, frustration, irritation and lack of adult communication.

Well, I haven’t done any of the things I thought I would have. My house is dirtier than ever, my laundry can wait, the scrapbooking has never been touched, I don’t like to cook, so eating better made its way to the back burner and exercising is totally out of the question. For some reason I am totally ok with this, all of this. I have worked hard, in a doggy dog industry for a long time and I am enjoying some what of a break.

What I have been doing (besides looking for a job)..

Eating breakfast with my kids, sometimes in bed while watching cartoons (shhh... don’t tell Mr. S)

Going to preschool with Payne during his rough patch

Attending functions at Wylie’s school

Talking a walk at 9 in the morning cause Payne just can’t wait one more minute to ride his bike.

Watching Wylie get on and off the school bus

Playing LOTS of board games, I totally enjoy watching Payne learn the rules of the game, I can just see his wheels turning.

READING….. this may be Payne’s favorite thing ever. It is always one more story? How do I say no?

Hanging out at the park with friends

Hanging out with friends in the neighborhood

Most importantly watching Payne enjoy his childhood, the most priceless gift I could have been given since loosing my job.

At first I wondered how are we going to make it through until I find another job but some how things are working out, I know this SAHM thing is only temporary but I have LOVED it, sometimes more than others, just to be honest. This is a time that I strongly feel came for a reason in my family, a time that my kids needed me and I will find the perfect job when it is time to work again.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to hear that things have worked out for you since we lost our jobs and that you are happy. I really hope you can continue to enjoy the rest of your time being a SAHM and when you finally do have to go back to work that it will be something you can really enjoy and nothing like the industry we both left. :)

    ReplyDelete