Wednesday, May 19, 2010

a little face lift…

I feel like being at home a LOT more, I notice all of the little things about my house that bother me. Starting with our kitchen tile back splash. It was never finished the way that it should have when we remodeled three years ago.

may 10 114 

(notice before, there was an outlet right above the stove, it was such an eye sore!)

I decided to finish the tile up to the bottom of the cabinet and FINALLY have it grouted. When I told my husband that they were coming tomorrow to do that he said, “what about the under cabinet lighting.” Oh, yeah... We’ve always had that on our to do list.  So our little “face” lift snowballed to complete madness to get the wiring where it needed to be for the lights (thankfully we have some connections with a good electrician)

may 19 2010 001 

may 19 2010 002

(no more outlet!! The first picture is a little more true to the color of the tile. )

I turned out exactly as I had hoped. I am soooooooo happy with the finished product, I smile each time I walk in the kitchen!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh...I like it! Way to take it upon yourself to get it finished.

    ReplyDelete