Friday, May 7, 2010

what’s cluttering your life??

Last week as I was putting my morning “tools” way. I had to move stuff around to make everything fit and thought to myself, I really don’t need most of this stuff and it spiraled into a de-cluttering frenzy.

2010-05-04 may 10

These are only a couple of the pictures but our whole house got cleaned out. 

I kept to my usual rules….

-what purpose is this serving

-has it been used within the last year.

I have come to the realization that….

-I have an obsession with any type of  lotion, hair product and jewelry. This surprised me since I have a pretty simple beauty regimen and I really only wear jewelry that has a special meaning.

-I love to buy decorations for our house. Some I’ve never even used most I don’t even need ( I am still trying to part with a few) I didn’t say this was easy.

-My kids have WAY to many toys. (again still working on that, they have issues too!)

So here is to my newly de-cluttered house, before I purchase I am going to decide if what I am buying is a real need and is going to serve an immediate purpose. I really want to make our lives a little simpler :)

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog, HA! LOVE LOVE LOVE those sewing projects that you've been doing. You're amazing! And what is cluttering my life? PAPERS everywhere, that's what I feel like. Sydney wants to color and create a new something every 3 minutes and it never ends. I don't want to chuck it all but that's what I end up doing.

    ReplyDelete