Friday, May 21, 2010

thankful Thursday,

 

Delaney 5th Birthday 2009 

(I think these two are pretty thankful for each other, Payne and my niece Laney at her birthday last year. Do you like her brother behind plugging his ears?? I would say he is not thankful, at that moment!)

I know today is Friday, but last night I got in bed and my husband was watching, 5 yrs. after the Tsunami on TLC

It was the stories of 2 families that had lost a child in the disaster and a young married couple who survived.

The first couple had lost a teenage daughter, they had gone out fishing in the sea and when they got back all they saw was the aftermath of the disaster. Their first thoughts were we HAVE to find our kids. They found their son the next day at the hospital and when they asked him where his sister was he told them, you wont find her. They identified her picture the next day on the list of the deceased.

I didn’t catch all of the other couples story but they had lost their 5 yr old! 5, sometimes in stories like this I forget everyone who has been affected.  He father had to identify the body, his recollection was hard to watch, you can still see the immense pain that these people are going through.

My heart sank and tears flowed throughout the entire show. I was reminded how precious life is, how fast it can be taken. With our new list(see  and my previous post) and this hitting home. I am going to try a LOT harder to be a better mother, wife, friend and person.

1 comment:

  1. I watched that show. The family that was out fishing did you catch he is a Dr. here in WJ.
    Such a sad, sad situation. I hope none of us ever have to go through that.

    ReplyDelete